Here’s some interesting news for those of us who enjoy game music – composer Jesper Kyd has been awarded “Best Original Musical Score in a Video Game” for his Assassin’s Creed original soundtrack, at the 2nd Annual Elan Awards in Canada.
The show was hosted by Seth MacFarlane in Vancouver for the Performing Arts on Februrary 15th, three days ago.
Check out the full list of video game related winners below. Thanks, AWN.
Electronic Game Categories:
- The Autodesk Game Of The Year: MASS EFFECT (BioWare/Microsoft Games).
- Best Console Game: ASSASSINS CREED (Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Development Team).
- Best PC Game: COMPANY OF HEROES (Relic Entertainment, Ian Thomson).
- Best New Video Game Company: Blue Castle Games (Rob Barrett for THE BIGS) and Slant Six Games (Brian Thalken for SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS: TACTICAL STRIKE)
- Best Sound Design In Video Gaming: SKATE (Electronic Arts: Audio Director: Lance Brown; Sound Designers: Francois Lafleur, Bryan Rennie, Sean Webster and Terry Fairfield).
- Best Original Musical Score In Video Gaming: ASSASSINS CREED (Ubisoft, Jesper Kyd).
- Best Character In Video Gaming: “Commander Shepard” in MASS EFFECT (BioWare/Microsoft Games, Drew Karpyshyn).
- Best Art Direction In Video Gaming: MASS EFFECT (BioWare/Microsoft Games, Derek Watts).
- Best Handheld Game Of The Year: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS: TACTICAL STRIKE (Slant Six Games, Brian Thalken).
- Best Game Design Of The Year: MASS EFFECT (BioWare/Microsoft Games, Preston Watamaniuk).
- Best Mobile/Casual/Arcade Game Of The Year: SKATE (Electronic Arts, David Manriquez)
- Best Writing For A Game Production: MASS EFFECT (BioWare/Microsoft Games, Drew Karpyshyn).
- The Nokia Award For Outstanding Innovation In Gaming: COMPANY OF HEROES: OPPOSING FRONTS (Relic Entertainment, Josh Mosqueira).
- The Ernst & Young Award For International Video Game Of The Year: CRYSIS (Crytek/Electronic Arts USA, Cevat Yerli).
- Video Game Hall Of Fame: Don Mattrick.
For more information on Jesper Kyd, visit his official website.