Lighthouse Interactive and developer Kerberos Productions today announced the Collector’s Edition of their critically acclaimed space strategy title, Sword of the Stars.
“The entire team here at Kerberos is really excited about the Collector’s Edition! It’s the perfect jumping-in point for new fans.”
Press release after the jump!
Haarlem, The Netherlands – April 9, 2008 – Today leading Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and accomplished developer Kerberos Productions announced that the Collector’s Edition of their critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Sword of the Stars has gone gold. Sword of the Stars: Collector’s Edition, packed with exclusive bonus materials and a 150+ page paperback novel, will begin hitting store shelves across the UK in May 2008. Lighthouse Interactive also revealed the official European box shots today.
Chris Stewart, Producer at Kerberos Productions said, “The entire team here at Kerberos is really excited about the Collector’s Edition! It’s the perfect jumping-in point for new fans and provides a ton of new features, content, background materials for long time fans of Sword of the Stars. The full blown novel alone is a wealth of SotS goodness!”
The Collector’s Edition brings the entire Sword of the Stars universe together in one package and further expands it with special bonus material.
Sword of the Stars: Collector’s Edition includes:
• The popular base game Sword of the Stars*
• The highly acclaimed add-on Born of Blood*
• The first ever Sword of the Stars paperback novel, The Deacon’s Tale penned by renowned science fiction author Arinn Dembo (150+ pages)
• A Bonus CD with stunning concept art, video interviews, trailers, music tracks, and extensive backgrounds on each of the five races
* Updated to version 1.5.2, which includes new features such as: standalone server capabilities and creating custom maps.
To download the official box shot, visit: www.lighthouse-interactive.com
For more information about Sword of the Stars, please visit: www.swordofthestars.com or www.lighthouse-interactive.com.
Human scientists have discovered a new technology – the Node Drive – which will finally allow travel from star to star at speeds faster than light. As mankind sits poised on the brink of a new era, tragedy strikes: the first interstellar colony ship is destroyed and Earth itself is ravaged by an unknown alien race. What was to be the dawn of a new age instead was the beginning of a new reality… We are not alone… and we are not safe.
Take control and build the ultimate empire in Sword of the Stars. In classic 4X style, prepare to eXplore mysterious star systems, claim planets to eXpand your empire, eXploit your resources, then design and build your own bigger, faster, stronger ships to eXterminate your enemies in epic, tactical, 3D battles in single or multiplayer.
In Born of Blood, over 30 years have passed since the first stellar empires began to expand. Four races once set out to explore and conquer the galaxy, meeting in fiery clashes that spanned the universe, but now a promising age of diplomacy emerges.
A new alien race rises shattering the uneasy peace. With new drive systems, ships, technology and tactics, the Zuul burst onto the scene with a devastating agenda. Form alliances and learn to work with your foes as you lead your fleets to victory in a universe at war.
• Play as one of 5 distinct races – Human, Hiver, Tarkas, Liir and Zuul; each with their own technological advantages and disadvantages
• Each race has a unique mode of transport between star systems, creating very different styles of play and bold new challenges
• Live out tense, first-contact situations and engage your enemy in spectacular real-time 3D combat
• Over 175 distinct technologies to research in a dynamic tech tree that changes from game to game
• Over 55 weapons from 6 different weapon classes varying in size classes, from nuclear missiles, cutting laser beams, cloaked mines, boarding pods and plasma projectors, to massive siege drivers that can destroy entire planets
• Research rewards players with new detailed ship models, weapons and combat effects
• 3 difficulty settings, 15 galaxy types, and 9 single player scenarios, each adding more tactical depth to the Sword of the Stars universe
• Deep economic model that is easy to control through an intuitive interface
• Research languages to open diplomatic lines of communication or simply stick to negotiating with your own race; form alliances, non-aggression pacts or go to war with anyone who stands in your way
• Dynamic environments and random events add to the overall atmosphere; discover alien artifacts, wade through meteor showers, and meet strange menaces
• Players can design and build ships from three size classes: Destroyer, Cruiser, and Dreadnought, using countless ship sections, weapons and drives
• Up to 8 players can play against the AI or one another over LAN or online
• Unique new features: create you own custom galaxies and set up a standalone server
About Arinn Dembo and the Novel The Deacon’s Tale
Arinn Dembo is an award-winning author of fantasy, science fiction and horror. Her long career in the computer gaming industry has included the critically acclaimed background fiction and manuals for multiple titles, including: Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm, Ground Control, and Arcanum. Her latest and greatest work to date is the Sword of the Stars universe, widely acknowledged to be one of the finest and most dynamic backdrops ever created for a 4X game. The Deacon’s Tale will be the first of many novels set in the Sword of the Stars universe and features the emergence of the race associated with the Sword of the Stars expansion, Born of Blood.
The Deacon’s Tale is the story of Cai Rui – Task Force Commander of the infamous “Red Section” of the SolForce Intelligence Corps and a loyal Archdeacon of the Roman Catholic Church. Charged to investigate a brutal massacre of Catholic converts on a distant alien world, Cai Rui finds himself on the trail of a killer who can threaten not only his life, but his very soul. As a brutal new race emerges from the shadows, one man will be tested to the extremes of courage and faith by an enemy who dares to call himself “The Deacon.”
About Kerberos Productions
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of seasoned video game developers, with over 35 years of collective experience, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was responsible in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive. Team members have also worked on over a dozen hit games, including: Homeworld, Ground Control, Team Fortress, and Counterstrike. With an interest in games of all types, Kerberos intends to establish a reputation in the gaming industry by applying their experience against a high standard of strategy and action games. Kerberos is a unified group of industry veterans who do not just make video games… but play and understand them! www.kerberos-productions.com
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal, Canada, Haarlem, The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market in a wide array of genres including: RPG, Simulation, Adventure, Action and Strategy. Staffed with industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience.