What are you watching? TV/Streaming Thread

Dreamflask.com / Forums / Off-Topic / What are you watching? TV/Streaming Thread
  • This topic has 25 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Zhaan avatarZhaan.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    • Slime Knight

https://youtu.be/asX53aeBPJE

looks interesting. what are you guys watching currently? anything coming up you are looking forward to? Want share some TV news?

Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master

I’m not watching a damn thing right now. Been trying to get into animu again lately but it’s hard.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Zhaan avatarZhaan.
    Kikyo avatarKikyo
    • Ultra Pudding

William Shatner is trying to save Lucifer on Twitter. It’s kind of amazing. I also want to save Timeless from the recent slaughter.

Voltron on Netflix has been great. Next season drops next week.

If you have not watched Killing Eve on BBC, you NEED TO. It is so damn good, can’t wait for season 2.

Looking forward to GoT, Dr. Who, Star Trek Discovery, American Gods S2. Need to find time to watch Legion and a half dozen other shows… *sigh*

Momo avatarMomo
    • Slime Knight

I’m happy for Lucifer and the cast someone is trying on their behalf, but I couldnt watch that show anymore post halfway into season 1, veered waaaaaaaay too far from the comics, didnt really need another cop procedural in my life.

Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master

I watched a few episodes of Lucifer a while back and it seemed kinda mediocre.

Bubbles avatarBubbles
    • Adventurer

I have watched a bit of Spartacus lately, and I have found that it is four things:

• Lots of fake blood
    • Even more CGI
    • Boobs
    • Half naked men saying “I WOULD HAVE WORDS” very angrily, very often
    Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master
    • Half naked men saying “I WOULD HAVE WORDS” very angrily, very often

Hmm.. interesting

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Zhaan avatarZhaan.
    Kikyo avatarKikyo
    • Ultra Pudding

I’m currently obsessed with The Outpost.

The cast and crew are on twitter all the time and are super nice. And damn, but Jake Stormoen is super hot.

Also Jodie Whitaker as Dr Who is EPIC!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Kikyo avatarKikyo.
    Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master

I haven’t heard of it lol

but yes I googled him and he looks quite nice indeed

Kikyo avatarKikyo
    • Ultra Pudding
    Laura avatarLaura
    • Adventurer

I’m currently obsessed with The Outpost. The cast and crew are on twitter all the time and are super nice. And damn, but Jake Stormoen is super hot. Also Jodie Whitaker as Dr Who is EPIC!

I must watch this!

Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master

I started watching Bodyguard on Netflix recently. It’s a really good British show (BBC) about a bodyguard (duh) protecting Britan’s home secretary. Highly recommended. Also the male lead is hot.  :nyoron

Brandy avatarBrandy
    • Super Peach

^That looks really good….and Richard Madden is gorgeous  :p

There are a lot of new things on Netflix that look good tbh…things that I want to watch: Birdbox & The Innocent Man (I am obsessed with crime documentaries)

Larsa avatarLarsa
    • Adventurer

Birdbox was good, I watched it yesterday. Very similar to A Quiet Place.

Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master

^That looks really good….and Richard Madden is gorgeous :p There are a lot of new things on Netflix that look good tbh…things that I want to watch: Birdbox & The Innocent Man (I am obsessed with crime documentaries)

I just looked him up and noticed he’s in Game of Thrones. Had no idea. Then again I’ve only seen like 3 episodes of that show.

Kikyo avatarKikyo
    • Ultra Pudding

Kinda forgot about this… Going back to the Outpost. They have a 2ndary character named Kell played by an actor named Thor Knai. He’s cute too. The Norsemen are damn hot, but the rest of the cast is pretty international.

Got into Midnight Texas that NBC is now cancelling, the damn idiots. It’s such a fun show. Just 2 seasons. Very much like Supernatural in many ways, but they defend their town of Midnight from supernatural threats and Sam and Dean would probably want to kill everyone in the town, especially the main characters for being monsters. lol Hoping some other network or streaming service picks it up. The cast have live tweeted the eps and are lovely and interactive. I’ll miss them if it can’t be saved.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Netflix was great, loved it.

Hilda and Dragon Prince on Netflix are also really good animated series. And of course Voltron.

Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master

I haven’t heard of Outpost or Midnight Texas. Need to get back to Sabrina tho, shit was good. And yeah Dragon Prince is a show I’ve been meaning to to watch but I heard the framerate is intentionally choppy and I’m not sure I can get used to that.

Kikyo avatarKikyo
    • Ultra Pudding

There’s less than 30 eps total between the 1 season of the Outpost and the 2 seasons of Midnight Texas. They go by quick.

I honestly didn’t notice the choppy animation in Dragon Prince.

Sabrina was great. I loved the bonus Christmas ep too.

Zhaan avatarZhaan
    • Potion Master

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

A few weeks ago I noticed that People vs O.J. Simpson on Netflix apparently had “new episodes”, which took me by surprise. I mean, what else is there to say about this case? Wasn’t it finished? Are they doing a fictional sequel!? But then I realized it was a whole new unrelated season about the assassination of fashion designer Gianni Versace. I knew absolutely nothing about this man or his murder so the premise was fresh. Was it good? Yes, very much so, but it wasn’t as tight as season 1. I binged the whole thing in less than two days and loved most of it. Fantastic cast, interesting story (albeit depressing) and a cool 90s setting. By the end I hated the main character so much lol, especially for killing Dave and Jeff ;_;

I don’t remember the 90s particularly well, but I gotta say I taken aback by how shitty gay rights were back then. Like wow, the cops barely gave a shit about an incredibly dangerous serial killer simply because he was a gay man killing other gay people. We’ve come a long way since then.

8/10.

Brandy avatarBrandy
    • Super Peach

Watching the latest season of Schitt’s Creek….very underrated show but has quickly become one of my favorites  :happy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)